Water Heater Repairs and New Water Heater Installation
Water heaters are considered necessities in most homes. Instant access to hot water is essential for bathing, washing clothes, and washing dishes. Hot water is also essential for cooking. Unfortunately, water heaters do not last forever. When they begin to break down or need to be replaced, homeowners should rely on professional plumbers to take care of the work. When it comes time for Water Heater Replacement, many homeowners consider upgrading to a tankless water heater.
We Service and Replace All Water Heaters
- Traditional tank water heaters
- New, efficient tankless water heaters
Signs of Water Heater Problems
Multiple signs will begin to occur when a homeowner needs Water Heater Repair. Homeowners must be aware of the signs that may start. The following are signs that should never be ignored because they likely mean a water heater is failing:
- One of the first signs homeowners will often notice is a lack of hot water. If the hot water runs out quickly or there is none at all, the water heater needs to be checked. If the unit is older, it may be time for a homeowner to consider Water Heater Replacement.
- A water heater may also begin to make strange noises when it needs repairing or replaced. Clanging and banging noises are not normal. If a water heater is making these strange noises, it is important to call a plumber right away.
- Water heaters that are leaking need Plumbing Service right away. These leaks can lead to serious damages. A water heater that is leaking will also cause a homeowner’s municipal water bills to skyrocket.
- When the hot water coming from the faucet has a foul odor or strange color, it is important to report these to a plumber. Foul odors and discolorations mean a water heater’s liner is beginning to break down and corrosion is occurring. In some instances, the water heater can be flushed. Replacement may also be necessary.
Water heater issues should never be ignored. When problems begin to arise, homeowners need to take prompt action and contact a plumber immediately. Professional plumbers have the tools, equipment, and knowledge to ensure water heater issues are diagnosed and repaired properly.
Repair Services for Water Heaters
On average, water heaters will last 8-10 years. Unfortunately, breakdowns can begin to occur long before the lifespan is up on these plumbing appliances. When problems begin to arise, homeowners can rely on professional plumbers to take care of all their water heater needs.
First, the plumber will check the water heater from top to bottom. They will locate the source of the problem and determine if repairs can be carried out. Minor issues can often be repaired to help prolong the lifespan of a water heater. When major repair issues continue to occur, it is likely time to consider having a new water heater installed.
Time for a Replacement
Once a water heater begins breaking down frequently or it is reaching the ends of its lifespan, it is time to consider a replacement. Today’s water heater models are more efficient than ever before, allowing homeowners to heat their water more effectively. Many homeowners are now upgrading to tankless water heater models which deliver an on-demand hot water supply, saving homeowners exponentially on their energy costs.
Hire a Professional Plumber
Homeowners often make a mistake when they try to repair water heater issues alone. While some minor repairs are simple to carry out, others require extensive plumbing knowledge and the right tools and equipment. DIY approaches can lead to costly errors that end up costing a homeowner a lot more money in the long run.
Professional plumbers take care of a wide array of hot water heater services. They diagnose and repair water heater issues when they arise so homeowners do not have to worry about a dwindling hot water supply. These professionals also take care of water heater maintenance which needs to be performed regularly to keep the water heater functioning normally.
A professional plumber will also help homeowners when it comes time to replace their failing water heaters. These plumbers will assist homeowners in choosing the right water heater for their needs. Getting professional insight will help homeowners make the best choice for their new water heater. When water heater issues arise, a quick call to a plumber is essential.
At American Drain Works, we provide homeowners in the Los Angeles County area with the wide range of water heater services they require. Our team of expert plumbers has years of experience working with all types of water heater brands and models. With our extensive water heater repair, maintenance, and replacement services, homeowners in the Los Angeles County area will never have to worry about their hot water supply.